-A A +A


The government is making (and has already made) big changes to working-age benefits since 2013. Changes such as "Bedroom Tax" - reducing Housing Benefit for working age tenants with 'extra' bedrooms, and Universal Credit - where all payments, including those to cover your rent - are made monthly directly to you.

Some of these changes might make it more difficult for you to pay your rent. Remember - your rent is your responsibility, but New Charter Homes is here to help if you are having money worries.

We can also help you with mutual exchanges, transfers, or applications for Discretionary Housing Payments.

You can contact us on 0161 331 2000 or by emailing contact@newcharter.co.uk

What do you need to know?

We have provided some summaries of the changes to benefits and some Frequently Asked Questions to help you. To find out more, follow the links below or use the side menu on the left. If you can't find the answer to your question, please contact us on 0161 331 2000 or email contact@newcharter.co.uk

Welfare Reform - FAQs

The Bedroom Tax - FAQs

The Benefit Cap - FAQs

Non-dependant deductions - FAQs

Discretionary Housing Payments - FAQs

Council Tax Support - FAQs

Personal Independence Payment - FAQs

Universal Credit - FAQs

Help with bills - FAQs